Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Factory Blues

This old factory used to manufacture asbestos.
It closed many years ago and has been a fixture in town for as long as I remember.


What makes me blue is that, along with some sister buildings, it is being demolished!
I know, it needs to be demolished because of the asbestos...
but it was such a big part of the history of our town that I am sad to see it go.

There was a big ta-doo about building a highrise in its place,
 but last I heard, that effort was defeated.
I don't know what the future holds for the property.
Time will tell.

Share your blues below!



Copy and paste the code below for an easy way to use the Midweek Blues badge.






11 comments :

  1. Aw man. I was here last week and saw the sister building being demolished, I didn't know this one was going too! Major bummer. I had an opportunity to sneak in the sister building this summer, but I was alone and didn't want to risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have written about this before, and your photographs of the factory are amazing; it seems like you should take as many pictures as possible. It would make a good book.

    This particular picture of the asbestos factory is very sad, as if the place is already fading into oblivion, nothing distinct but the dumpster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wish buildings could be brought back to life as something new

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many old warehouses in my area as well. I feel much the same as you - sad they must be destroyed. They are a reminder of a time gone by of hard work and dedication.
    Nice shot.
    It's good to be back here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate old buildings being demolished like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have really managed to capture the feeling of this building well! I also like how you included the blue dumpster! Very creative, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's terrible! I love old buildings of all types. I'm glad that you took photos of it.
    That's a very cool effect btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad but the photo looks incredible. I love the processing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh - I understand both sides -I love old buildings, but I also know people who have gotten seriously ill from asbestos (it seems very expensive to remove it -probably more than demolishing the building).
    Yeah, I like the look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo and sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete