Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fire and Ice Festival, Mt Holly, NJ Part 1

Had a little fun today in Mt Holly, NJ.
Their Fire and Ice Festival was today and my husband and I checked it out.
We give the event two thumbs up!

This set of photos features some of the Ice Artists.






Here is how the artists attach a piece of ice to another...
Take a swig...


Spit it onto the joint....


Hold in place until your fingers practically freeze off.


I think she has fallen in love with her maker...



But there was so much more...
including the Fire!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I've never watched anyone carve the ice but have seen some really beautiful photos of the sculptures created.

What fun to have witnessed this :)

Unknown said...

It looks SO awesome. What a great thing to do. I love all of your adventures : ) You are always on the go. We all benefit from your great adventures : )

Kathy said...

I'm going to restrain myself and wait for the daily surprise! I hope the fire artists aren't too near the ice ones!

~JarieLyn~ said...

This looks so interesting. I always wondered how they could create something so beautiful out of ice. Great photo documentation.